VA fills jobs two ways, with competition and without competition.
- Jobs that are filled competitively are advertised through the USAJOBS website. See additional information below.
- Noncompetitive jobs are not advertised; VA searches the VA for Vets Career Center resume database to identify qualified Veterans eligible for appointment without competition.
The following information provides guidance to assist you when accessing USAJOBS from the VA for Vets Jobs Listing.
- Selecting “Apply on USAJOBS” will open a new window to log into USAJOBS. NOTE: VA for Vets will remain open.
- If you do not have a USAJOBS account, please refer to the USAJOBS Quick Start Guide to learn how to create a USAJOBS account.
- Upon signing in you should be prompted to select your resume and related documents to apply to the position.
- If you are not directed to the position selected from VA for Vets, you can search for the position by returning to your VA for Vets window, copy the announcement number (highlighted below) and paste it into the “What” search bar on your “My Account” page in USAJOBS. From there you can select “Apply Now”.
For technical assistance when when trying to access or navigate USAJOBS, please contact the USAJOBS Help Desk or Contact Us at VA for Vets for assistance.